Artisan Intro - That's me!


When I first saw the announcement about the Artisan team going worldwide I, um, I Googled ‘Stampin’ Up! Artisan Design Team’.  That sounds bad.  Ok, so my second thought was that it would be entirely out of my reach amongst the many talented demonstrators I know in New Zealand and Australia. I left it at that.

Heavily pregnant and just five weeks out from giving birth to our third child our team leader emailed me to say she thought I should apply. I was a bit taken by surprise, I probably cried (pregnant!) and I thanked her very much for the vote of confidence. Me? Really?? My head space was so full at the time with my eldest starting school, preparing to move to our brand new home, the baby arriving and my big bro’s wedding.

Come April between feeds and sleep-deprived nights I had been testing myself by doing weekly blog posts and somehow managed to turn in my Artisan application.  As the weeks post-application went by and I started to think about it more, I became very comfortable with the idea. Perhaps it was one of those rare times when you’re feeling confident enough in the quality of your creations to be judged on them? Hmm, perhaps not.

About mid-June I got The Call. Emma, our amazing and down-to-Earth country manager, sprung the news on me one afternoon. It was like being proposed to – in that I knew the time was right for me but I totally didn’t see it coming! Me? Really!! Then came the wait. Quite inconveniently, top secrets are always top of the list of things you’d like to tell someone.

Well the North American convention came soon enough as did the onslaught of congratulatory messages from friends and yet-to-be-friends alike. I have ogled at the contents of my first box, sketched rough ideas on the shower wall (let’s face it Mums – sometimes your only real alone time), and still feel a little bit like someone needs to pinch me.

And now, the pressure’s on with the eyes of the Stampin’ Up! world watching this humble little Kiwi. Time to do what Kiwis do best: Take it easy mate, be me, create. Looking forward to this year and all that it brings. Thanks for your loving support so far.

Here's a little something I made for my brand new nephew. I’m yet to meet him in person but I can’t wait!

Susan Wong, Artisan DT. Happy Hooray Welcome Baby Card.


Welcome if you've clicked through from Sarah Sagert's blog!
Next, click below to hop along and read Teneale Williams’s Artisan journey…


Artisan Next Button


Like my page on Facebook: www.facebook.com/stampingsusanwong
Follow me on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/stampingsusan/


Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets - 134276: And Many More, 134012: A Happy Hooray
Inks - Pumpkin Pie, Pistachio Pudding, Crushed Curry, StazOn Black
Papers - Kraft Cardstock, Bermuda Bay, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Confetti Celebration Designer Series Paper
Accessories/Tools - Whisper White Thick Baker's Twine (from Tag a Bag Accessory Kit), White Embossing Powder


21 comments

  1. Susan, I just love how you've anchored the sentiment with the twine - very cool. Such a gorgeous, funky, baby card - congrats on your foray into the Artisan world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first Artisan entry Susan. Looking forward to seeing many more. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card SO much! I can't wait to see what you create this year. Being part of the Artisan Design Team is seriously the BEST! Enjoy every moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane - have been spying on your blog for a couple of months now. Big shoes to fill ;)

      Delete
  4. Susan, I totally love your card, what a funky baby card. I am so exciting to see more of your work this coming year and working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic details on this card! Love your story and so glad you did apply! I look forward to working with you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work Susan :-) Can't wait to follow you all year

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats and can't wait to see all of your projects. Beverly aka lateblooming

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Sweet card and looking forward to future pieces of art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so beautiful - Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, congratulations on being selected as part of the 2014 ADT. I look forward to seeing your wonderful creations this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Swoon! The way you made that stamp set work for a baby is awesome, I love it! It's so fun to read all of your fun stories. Loving the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally love how you've crinkled the feathers, cool card! Thanks for sharing your story, I guess we all cried a bit when we got THE phonecall ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your mantra "take it easy mate, be me, create"! So awesome! And your card is fab too! Looking forward to getting to know you over the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your attention to detail Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Susan I am so glad you decided to apply! Congrats on baby! I look forward to seeing all of your creations, your card is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Susan, I absolutely love this card - you are incredible and deserve every minute of your success!! Congrats and I can't wait to see what you create!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Susan, congrats for your new little family member :-) and again thank you for your help :-) your style is awesome, i´m really happy to be in the ADT with you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely story! Congratulations! Can't wait to see all your creations this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This story is a few years old now. But I hope you'll enjoy this year's team (which I'm also on) just as much!!! :)

      Delete